Saturday, January 10, 2009

Illusion

Re:Give? Deprive? (Score:1)
by Mer_panacea (1381133) on 2009.01.11 13:49 (#26405105) Homepage Journal
>You speak of subjective emotions connected to specific points in time.
Probably, so.
Mrs and Mr Mer have been in love for many years, I have stopped seeking for another love like so many years as well. If I lost her or if she said goodbye to me for unknown reasons, I'm sure I will be at a loss so sometimes I've got half a mind that love has been giving me an illusion -this happiness lasts for good, and will deprive me of everything if I rely on it too much.
As to Tillich's word, >Mankind is existentially estranged from the essential goodness of creation in God's image.
A woman was created from a man's rib, so we men seek for a woman to reclaim. Mankind is born to be perfect, but it is estranged because of the original sin they made. I understand these idea stand for Christian world view. But from scientific viewpoint all lives are originally only female and my viewpoint is humans are perfect because they made a mistake properly.
>essentially singular, but existentially plural.
Existence is prior to being.. Existentialism had been a fashion for a while after the war and also it was hard to understand. There were a number of atheistic existentialists as well as theistic ones, but their point was common - subjective judgement matters more than objective ones. I understand the phrase 'esentially singular, but existentially plural' means people are basically alone but they are happy when they are together in love.

--Ancient Greek Philosophers -18c Enlightenment Thinkers -Slashdotters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home