Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chesterton

ii (Score:1)
by Mer_panacea (1381133) on 2009.02.15 3:42 (#26857389) Homepage Journal
>Chesterton's system solves this problem rather neatly- only information is traded between communities, and the principle of subsidarity requires the factory be as close to the end consumer as possible, eliminating the need for shipping.
This is also a core of your thought.
Thirty years ago almost all information was monopolised in either Tokyo or Kansai region in Japan, so we were obliged to think about learning in either of the two regions. Because we couldn't obtain enough books in local area.
I started to consider moving to the US to learn more when I was the third grade at the University. Because I thought it was hard to acquire surroundings surrounded only by international common language. So I went to the US. About a year I enjoyed its ambience fully.
How about now? Do I have to go to Tokyo to obtain enough informatin? No. I can get it through the net. Do I have to go to the US to fully enjoy the flood of information? No. I can get it through the net.
Now the time has changed from the age of centralised, monopolised system to decentralised, multilateral world where we can find as many hubs of information and knowledge as possible.
I first saw the name Chesterton in a dialog between you and Mike Hawk and got curious since then.
Our age has come closer to his ideal more and more.

--Ancient Greek Philosophers -18c Enlightenment Thinkers -Slashdotters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home